Turkey, ham, spaghetti–it varies among every family with what they eat for Christmas dinner. In this post I will be sharing a few of my family’s quirky, odd, or completely normal holiday traditions.
- On Christmas Eve, we eat junk. It could be Christmas cookies; it could be cold, leftover pizza, but it’s pretty much always junk. And I wonder why I’m chubby.
- For breakfast on Xmas morning we always have egg souffle, which is like a sausage and egg casserole. I don’t care for eggs, but my family likes it, so, whatever. I go with it.
- For lunch, we have scamboli/stromboli??? I don’t know the actual term for it. It’s delicous, whatever it is.
- For dinner, we generally have scamboli and souffle leftovers
- On Xmas Eve we generally always watch It’s a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol.
- On Xmas Day we watch festive movies we haven’t gotten to watch yet or movies that we just got. Sometimes we don’t watch any and just hang around.
- We make gingerbread houses.
- And many different kinds of cookies.
- And drive around and look at the pretty lights.
- We open up a few small presents on the night before, but most during the ‘big day.’
- We have a lovely little tree that we set up every year unless we get a live tree. I LOVE LIVE TREES. This year we have more furniture so we didn’t have room for a live one…sadness. 😉
- I have the tree from A Charlie Brown Christmas and it is SO. STINKIN’. CUTE. It’s on top of my piano.
- My sister and I have matching stockings that my mother made??? for us when we were very young. They also match closely to our tree skirt.
What are y’all’s traditions? Comment down below and tell me your favorites!
Letting it snow,